What Personal Information Do We Collect From Our Website Visitors?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your account and customer numbers or other details to access your bill and make payments through a third party Frederick Water is contracted with. In completing our customer service survey, you may be asked for name, address, telephone number, and account number.
When Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you when you access your bill online and through our customer service survey.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect from you simply to provide you with your account information and a convenient method to pay your bill online. We also use it to enhance service for our customers.
How Do We Protect Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personally identifiable information.
To protect your privacy, we will not disclose any information about your online payments transactions to any person, except as follows:
- as necessary to complete transactions;
- to validate or verify the existence and condition of any dispute involving payment, including with a third party, such as a financial institution or credit bureau
- to comply with a government agency or court orders;
- to our employees, auditors, service providers, attorneys, or collection agents in the course of their duties;
- to persons authorized by law in the course of their official duties; or
- if you give us your written permission.